The post Virgin Australia launches a sales blitz for airfares to Melbourne appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
Virgin Australia has just launched a sales blitz with fares to Melbourne only starting at $75 including baggage, seat selection and frequent flyer points.
Virgin Australia ‘Ready. Set. Melbourne’ promotion will run until 11:59pm (AEST) on 3 May 2021, with sale fares available for select dates between 14 July 2021 and 16 March 2022 (inclusive).
Sale fares include Launceston to Melbourne from $75, Adelaide to Melbourne from $79, Hobart to Melbourne from $99 and Brisbane to Melbourne from $135.
A Virgin spokesperson said, “we’re continuing to support the recovery of Australia’s tourism industry by offering our guests a premium experience at irresistible prices and our massive sale blitz on flights to Melbourne start from only $75”.
“There’s never been a better time to visit Victoria or explore its incredible capital city Melbourne offering high-end restaurants, cool laneways and first-class cultural and sporting events.”
“Our Ready. Set. Melbourne sale gives Australians another great reason to get out and explore our incredible country.”
Handy tips to discover Melbourne
- Getting to the city by bus – Take the Skybus Airport Transfer from Tullamarine Airport to the city. This is the cheapest and fastest way to get to the city. You can get dropped off at the Southern Cross Station or Southbank and Docklands. From there, you can take a complimentary shuttle to your hotel (or hotel nearest to your accommodation).
- Taxi and Ride-sharing – If you aren’t too keen on public transport, you can take a taxi or Uber from the airport, which will run about AU$55-65 depending on where you are staying.
- Melbourne City Circle Tram is free –This tram line, marked with brown colour on most maps, circles the city centre of Melbourne and basically takes you anywhere you want to go. It comes every 12 minutes and takes around 48 minutes to complete the circle.
- Get Myki card for Public transport in Melbourne – Aside of the city circle tram, you’ll need a Myki card if you want to get on other trams in Melbourne. Myki card can be topped up and bought at many retailers, including 7/11.
- Get ready for all kinds of weather in Melbourne – Melbourne weather is notoriously capricious, “If you don’t like the weather in Melbourne, wait five minutes”. You can experience everything from sunny to rain, to cold wind, all in one day. However, May is a great time to visit Melbourne. It won’t be too hot or too cold
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be walking a lot – One of the reasons why I love Melbourne so much is for its walkability. Trust me, you’ll want to walk and explore while you’re there.
- Queen Victoria Market – Start your day at the famous Queen Victoria Market, a large open-air market that is a landmark of Melbourne. You can explore the market and sample the food as you walk around.
- Visit the Eureka Skydeck on the 88th floor of Eureka Tower – Take the city circle tram down to Flinders Street and cross the Yarra River to the Southbank area, where Eureka Tower is located. Eureka Tower is the second tallest skyscraper in Australia and they have an observation deck open for the public on the 88th floor.
- Walk around Southbank – You should take some time and walk around the Southbank area, especially if the weather is good. Along the Yarra River, you’ll find nice restaurants, cafes and places to chill.
- Explore the Alleys of Melbourne – I don’t think you need to have a specific place to go and see for this, Melbourne lanes have great restaurants and café’s and can be easily explored on foot. Discover the unique street art of wall graffiti.
- Explore Fitzroy – Fitzroy is Melbourne’s super cool alternative side. It’s located not too far away from the centre in fact, you can walk to the heart of Fitzroy from central Melbourne in about half an hour.
- Discover St Kilda – You cannot visit Melbourne without going to St Kilda which is also known as Melbourne beachside area. There are some awesome bars, restaurants and cafés in St. Kilda.
One Day Trips
- Great Ocean Road Day Tour – The Great Ocean Road is referred to as one of the world’s most scenic coastal drive. This is the perfect place to visit if you have time for a day road trip or longer. The most popular highlight is the Twelve Apostles.
- Yarra Valley Wine country – If you’re a wine and cheese enthusiast, you definitely need to make it out to the Yarra Valley! There’s nothing like sipping on a glass of wine and cheese locally produced right on the spot.
- Phillip Island – Philip Island is yet another popular day trip option from Melbourne. The island is famous for its wildlife and of course, you can see the penguins.
Enjoy Melbourne “A Twist Every Turn!”
The post Virgin Australia launches a sales blitz for airfares to Melbourne appeared first on Travel Daily.